Save the Abejas/Bees!
June is National Pollinator Month and Whole Foods has provided awesome activities to celebrate our lovely abejas!
At-home activities: Whole Foods
Sweet Potato Salad: Recipe
Our amigos love making moco/slime and plastilina/playdough. But have you heard of OOBLECK!?
"Oobleck is a non-Newtonian fluid; it has properties of both liquids and solids". So, it's not as sticky as slime, and more liquid than playdough.
Here is an oobleck recipe from LiveScience:
- 1 part water
- 1.5 to 2 parts cornstarch
- Small amount of food coloring (optional)
- Start with the water in a bowl (or wading pool!) and add the cornstarch a bit at a time.
- Keep stirring until it has a gooey consistency. You may want to use your hands.
- When the oobleck is just right, slowly add food coloring, if you want. This can be a challenge to get it mixed properly.
- Play with it.
- Grab a handful and squeeze it. Let it ooze through your fingers.
- Make a puddle and quickly drag your fingers through it.
- Put it into a plastic container and shake it or quickly bump it against a table.
- Jab at the oobleck and then slowly let your finger sink in.
- Roll some oobleck into a ball. It becomes solid, but when you stop moving it, it will melt back into your hand.
Watch the video below to see a cool video of OOBLECK dancing!
Tips for Helping Families Support Children’s Emotions during COVID-19
We invite you to read this great article on how to help children through their feelings during this time. Click Here