let's explore our senses!
One great activity is creating hábitats/habitats for animales/animals. You can start by asking children to pick an animal (toy, stuffed, etc), and then ask:
Where do they live? How can we create his environment? What do we need? Water, sand, rocks, etc?
- Here is the link to examples of three Habitats.
- Flashcards: Here are some flashcards of animals and their environments.
- Below is our amigo Pedro exploring with his dinosaurs, shaving cream, y agua!
DIY activities for all ages
Honey & Oatmeal Soap
- This is a fun DIY we’ve done with our School Age students. This recipe is great for sensitive skin!
- You can add essential oils like lavender, spearmint, and eucalyptus for scent.
- Most ingredients can be found at Whole Foods or Sprouts in the Beauty & Health section.
- Easy recipe and yummy! You can substitute flour for almond flour or gluten free flour. Maestra Gloria tried this and it came out beautifully.
- You can sprinkle some pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Super easy all you need is:
- 8 cups all-purpose flour (not gluten free)
- 1 cup baby oil or another oil that you'd prefer
- Many of our School Age amigos have helped out in our garden, take care of the classroom plants, and have begun planting too. Fairy Houses are great projects that you add seeds too and watch the sprout.
RAFT: K-8 activity sheets
Snapology in Santa Clara: Free online programs
Below is a PDF of a list of live webcams to various museums and zoos!